What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is used to distinguish you from another user and it resides on the user computer. They are designed to hold a small amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent. This can easily be done by disabling the cookies in the browser on your computer.
To disable cookies your website browser settings needs to be set to disable cookies; this depends on the browser being used. We have provided guidance on how to do this for popular browsers :-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer :
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Google Chrome:
- Choose the menu "Settings" then "Content Settings"
- Select Block third-party cookies and site data