HOW GEEKSPLANET COLLECTS INFORMATION
- We provide user Services services to consumers using web based tools and software as well as through telephone Services of our users. These tools may include software that enables us to remotely access and control a user’s computer with their permission.
- We require certain information and permissions from you to provide the Services.
- Some information we collect may be provided by the user directly such as when requested by a form or on the phone by a technician. Other technical information might be collected or accessed by or through our diagnostic and related tools as our computers work with yours to provide the Services.
TYPES OF INFORMATION GEEKSPLANET COLLECTS
Information You Provide
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information)” or allows us to contact you. In order to use the Services, the user must first typically register or provide certain identifying information. For online registration, we ask you to provide contact details (such as First and Last name, E-mail address, Postal address, Personal identifier etc). Geeksplanet uses this information to contact you regarding the product and/or services you have requested. This includes re-registration/renewal notifications, special offers, and surveys on improving our Services.
If you register for the Services, Geeksplanet may collect credit card information, and other payment information. Like many companies, Geeksplanet may use third party payment processing, payment gateways transactions to process and verify credit cards on our behalf. Geeksplanet uses payment information to complete your transactions.
SUBSCRIBER (USER) COMPUTER INFORMATION
We may also ask for information related to your (user) computer to provide the Service. As examples, this information may include :
- Information about the date of purchase of your computer
- Type of computer
- Identification number of your computer
- Make and model of your computer and/or any computer hardware
- Software installed or peripherals attached to it
- Condition of the computer
- System and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations, and error tracking files.
- Generally, this information is required to provide personalized technical Services to you, and to help us update our Services tools and enhance our supported products lists.
While requesting support you may request for the problem to be resolved by enabling Geeksplanet technicians to have access to and take control of your computer. Geeksplanet uses software tools which enable you to grant control of your computer to an Geeksplanet technician remotely over the Internet. This allows the Geeksplanet technician to diagnose or correct problems without ever coming to the location of your computer. Geeksplanet does not use the Remote Access software to access and control your computer without your consent and we request that you remain present when our technicians are doing so. Geeksplanet technicians are trained in the use of this software and we take steps to limit access to confidential or sensitive information stored on user computer or network, avoid deliberate destruction of information on user computers or networks, and help avoid system problems. Geeksplanet maintains specific internal policy and technical controls to limit how and whether our remote access tools may be used to assist you.
Geeksplanet uses some online diagnostic tolls that may collect a wide variety of useful information about the state of a computer system and your applications Geeksplanet analyzes this information to help diagnose and solve end-user problems. The Geeksplanet diagnostic application is not designed to collect sensitive information including information such websites visited, profiles, etc. Use of the Remote Access and Diagnostic applications may be subject to the terms and conditions of the respective software license agreements
LIVE HELP SESSION RECORDS
Geeksplanet reserves the right to monitor and record on-line and off-line sessions between users and Geeksplanet technicians for quality control and service-related purposes. Some uses of this type of information include improving the Service, building a Services knowledge base and conducting internal market research. We do not correlate session red data used for these purposes with personal information.
SUPPLEMENTATION OF INFORMATION
In order to protect Geeksplanet from fraud and otherwise ensure the integrity of our services and manage risk we may supplement personal information we collect with information we may get from others. For example, in connection with determining creditworthiness, we may use your name and other related information to request a credit report as permitted by law.
SHARING AND INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We may share aggregated and de-identified information with our partners. This sharing is usually not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person, unless specifically required to allow use of specific widgets within the Services.
We may also share, disclose, or transfer your personal information as follows:
- To Geeksplanet affiliates and subsidiaries to Services business operations and sales, marketing, and Technical Services processes;
- To third party service providers and suppliers acting on our behalf to provide products or services to you; and
- To other third parties for purposes you have allowed. Additionally, we may also disclose your personal information as we determine reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable law, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests, (b) respond as necessary to actual or potential lawsuits, or (c) protect the rights and property of Geeksplanet or others.
- We reserve the right to retain, use, and disclose aggregate or anonymous information developed from personal information at any time. If we merge with, or are acquired by another company, or sell all or substantially all of our relevant assets, or file for bankruptcy, we may disclose and transfer personal information with the company or asset.
- We will seek appropriate protection for personal information disclosed or transferred in such transactions consistent with applicable law.
We use a variety of security technologies, as well as administrative, managerial, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information and other data we receive from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No data transmissions, or even the physical transfer of information, can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot fully eliminate all security risks associated with personal information and technical mistakes are possible. Therefore, we do not ensure or warrant the security of any data or information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.